Saturday, August 8, 2015

calling myself out

Heeeey everyone!! Well, I think this has been a dangerous last week or two if you are money and food. Pretty sure I have killed my restaurant budget for the month lol

Anyways, I just wanted to give an update about some stuff. As you know I have been trying to decide if I wanted to move back with my parents or keep my apartment. It would save me a lot of money but I decided that I would rather have my own place. I know, I know, this is not super frugal and with the challenges I have been facing finding another apartment I am paying way more than I should be. Either way, the decision is made so the next 8 months I am staying here. Hopefully, in 8 months the apartment market will get better and I will be able to find something at half the cost.

Next up on the list is all the subscription things I had to cancel. I cancelled my gym and dollar shave club which will save me at least $120/month. Add that to my savings! Also on the list is cable/internet which I am still working on. Potential savings there should be at least $40-50 and that also would go into savings.

Now to the title of this post...calling myself out. I have done some up and down things since starting this blog and the original goal was to help me save money to run away from the corporate grind. The thing is, I want freedom to do whatever I want. I feel like I am trapped in a new cycle of traveling to some places I want to see and other places I don't really want to go to! Ever since I have started this blog I feel like my money decisions have been exactly the opposite of what they should be. I stayed in an overpriced apartment, spent entirely to much on travel, eat out every day while home - sometimes multiple times, don't bring my lunch to work, buy coffees way to often, etc., etc.. This is all completely against the whole point of what I am trying to do here. The point is to save money and adhere to my budget which I am not doing. I am sorry to myself for that because it just impedes future happiness of being able to runaway.

So there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment